Monday, June 11, 2012

Life Perspective


Life is all about perspective. And some adventure. And meaningful encounters. And taking time to enjoy. And that's what I have now....lots of time. To discover and make memories and just be. What a scary empty slate! I just completed something of a ten-year plan and have absolute freedom of decisions and direction. I have no idea where I will be living or working by the end of this year. But here is what I do know. In the last 6 years I learned that: Love is real. A broken heart feels like it sounds. Risk is worthwhile. Sometimes it hurts but live without regrets. I can teach or learn, and many times both at the same time. I don't have to see the end before I start. God will fill in my gaps. Those who have experience are great resources. Enough time outdoors is like a fresh beginning. Cultures are different but passion and desire and searching are universal. Languages use different sounds, but all express the heart. Friends are easily made over a mug of tea. Tears can bring healing. Savor the bubbles in the bath, the quotes  on lids, and the sunsets. A lack of a plan is an opportunity for God's calling to stand out. Hard work pays off. Every long night turns into a new morning. Garlic and onion are a great start to a meal. Silence is not cherished enough and yet words mean so much. Treasure the here and now Paint, dream, wear an apron, ponder, walk barefoot in sand, smell the flowers. Never forget to tell those in your life how much they mean to you. Don't limit success by failing to start. Take time to feel, be vulnerable, and be genuine. Life is full of surprises. And this is just another beginning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment